North of England Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association Privacy Notice
North of England RFCA (NE RFCA) has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you and you have the right to access your personal data, ask us to remove your personal data and amend any inaccuracies at any time. We use leading technologies to safeguard your data, and strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We will ensure that any information we obtain and use will always be held, used and transferred in compliance with all applicable data protection rules.
Under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) it is a requirement that any and all data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
NE RFCA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Privacy Notice sets out how NE RFCA will collect, store, manage and use information and how we protect your privacy explaining your rights and to give you information you are entitled to under the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are registered with the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). We have also appointed a Data Protection Advisor (DPA) who oversees our compliance with data protection law. His contact details are as follows:
Lt Col I Clyde
Data Protection Advisor
53 Old Elvet
Durham DH1 3JJ Tel: 0191 3836253 Email:; email@example.com
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshsire SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 1123 1113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Please note this refers to your personal data (your name; address; email; telephone and anything that could be used to identify you personally).
The following areas are covered:
- Why are we collecting or processing your data?
- Our legal basis for processing your personal data
- With whom we will be sharing your personal data
- The criteria we use to determine how long to retain your personal data
- Access to your information and correction
- Use of Other Websites
- Changes to the Privacy Notice
- How to complain if you are not happy
Why are we collecting or processing your personal data?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
• Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact NE RFCA, CRFCA, & Defence Relationship Management (DRM).
• Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used.
• Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
This data can be viewed only by authorised people in CRFCA, DRM & RFCAs and our suppliers, to:
• Improve the site by monitoring how you use it.
• Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts.
• Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
• Send email alerts to users who request them.
• Allow you to access government services and make transactions.
• Provide you with information about local services if you want it.
• Where we have entered into a contract with you for: provision of IT services and/or. hardware; professional and domestic services in support of our business outputs; the provision of event locations; the provision of expendables in support of business as usual requirements.
You are in full control of how we use your personal data and may opt at any time to object to our processing of your data and can do so by writing to the DPA whose details are listed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
• Where we need to perform the contract between us.
• Where is it necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• Where we are completing a public task in support of outputs as directed by the MOD.
• Where you have given consent for us to contact you in relation to sending marketing communications via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
With whom we will be sharing your personal data
NE RFCA will not share your information for any purpose with 3rd party businesses outside of the normal agreed business relationship agreements we have with you unless we have specifically asked for your consent to do so. We collect information about you in order to invite you to our events, share information on our award schemes and Armed Forces Covenant signings and to conduct internal campaigns and research.
Our criteria used to determine how long we will retain your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
How we store personal data
Your data will be stored on our secure IT systems within the UK.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address at the top of this Privacy Notice.
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com or write to the DPA at the address at the top of this Privacy Notice. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
This Privacy Notice only applies to this NE RFCA website so when you link to other websites and social media you should read their own Privacy Notices.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
If this Privacy Notice changes in any way, we will post the new information on this page. Regularly reviewing the page ensures you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we will share it with other parties.
How to complain if you are not happy
If you are unhappy with any aspect of this Privacy Notice, or how your personal information is being processed, please contact the NE RFCA Data Protection Advisor in the first instance:
Data Protection Advisor
North of England Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’Association
Tel:: 0191 3836253 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer
Council of Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Associations
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 working days and we will send you a full response within 20 working days. If we can’t respond fully in this time, we will write and let you know and tell you when you should get a full response. If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone 0303 1123 1113 Email: email@example.com