The Viscount Ridley North of England Cadet Forces Trust
What is the aim of the Cadet Forces Trust?
The aim of the Trust is to assist Cadets from all backgrounds to undertake adventurous, sporting and leadership activities which are challenging, interesting and life-changing, and which will help them to develop their life skills and reach their true potential.
What areas does the North of England Cadet Forces Trust cover?
All the Cadet Forces operating within County Durham, Tyne and Wear, Northumberland and Teesside.
What sorts of activities are supported by the Trust?
In recent years, funding has been provided to allow Cadets to access and benefit from projects including:
- The development of the Derwenthaugh Boat Station for Sea Cadets.
- The International Air Cadet Exchange, in which Air Cadets travel to destinations such as Canada, Singapore and Australia.
- Army Cadets travelling to Canada and South Africa as members of the GB Rifle Team.
- A group of Cadets undertaking a charitable construction project in Romania.
- Scuba-diving kit for a CCF unit.
- A skiing expedition overseas.
- Support for summer camps in all the Cadet Forces, to allow all cadets to participate and benefit.
Can I apply?
Yes! If you are a Cadet or a member of Staff within the Cadet Forces in the North East of England, you can download the application form below, fill it in and hand it to your Unit Commander, who will need to sign and authorize it.
If you are an individual Cadet requesting support to undertake an activity, download the application form here.
If you are a group such as a Unit, Detachment or Squadron, download the group application form here.
How do I find out more?
Guidance Notes can be found here.
Registered Charity Number 1059373
Cadets from Northumbria ACF learning to ski on Exercise Frozen Marmot.
Sea Cadets training at the Derwenthaugh Boat Station.
Cadets learning to Scuba-dive.